Celebrity Trainer Spills the Star’s Fitness & Diet Tips {!!!}

Lauryn Evarts talks diet and fitness on Thanksgiving.

Boy oh boy, do I have a lil treat for you guys…!

HARLEY PASTERNAK.

A major fitness trainer to all the hottest celebs.

He’s a renowned fitness & nutrition expert who’s worked with: Halle Berry, Alicia Keys, Jessica Simpson, John Mayer, Katherine Heigl, Mandy Moore, Orlando Bloom, Kanye West, Eva Mendes, Jane Fonda, Benjamin Bratt, Robert Downey, Jr., and many others.

Oh, & no big D, he just recently kicked Jessica Simpson’s ass into shape after her pregnancy.

Die, right?!

Oh & Harley also holds a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences from the University of Toronto and an Honors Degree in Kinesiology from University of Western Ontario.

Get excited because he allowed me to ask him anything & everything…all for you guys. See above & enjoy.

P.S. I made him laugh at the second to last questions…whoops! I think he wanted to answer: “SEX!” Lolz.

Mwah, xx. Lauryn

{ If for some reason you can’t view the video, download it here }.

20 comments on Celebrity Trainer Spills the Star’s Fitness & Diet Tips {!!!}

1. susan
    12.09.13 at 12:20 pm (5 months ago)

I seem to workout and eat healthy but still have a chunky layer of fat around my body… I do weight training 2x and do Insanity and walk on the treadmill… what am I doing wrong? Thanks…

• Gem Bolton
      01.25.14 at 10:32 am (3 months ago)

Hi Susan, I’m a fellow Skinny Confidential reader & spotted your comment. There are a few elements to consider… Firstly, lots of people think they’re eating more healthily than they are. Have you tried keeping a food diary and monitoring every single snack and drink that you eat? It may be that your main meals are full of good greens etc, but you’re getting too much sugar in fruit juice or cereal bars. Also look at times of day (whether you’re making sure to eat your main meals at sensible times) and why you’re eating (as in true hunger, boredom, habit). Also look at your sleep patterns. If you’re not getting enough rest you can do all the workouts in the world but your body doesn’t heal and recover. You also get a spike in insulin, which encourages your body to store fat, particularly around the mid-section. Hope this may help. xx

01.25.14 at 10:54 am (3 months ago)

Love this!!! Thanks Gem :-)! X

2. Micha Østergaard
    12.09.13 at 12:28 pm (5 months ago)

Oh, I just love when a celebrity trainer isn’t telling bullshit. He is spot on, explaining that hard work, super diet and consistency is key. It is like everything in life – if you want it, you gotta work for it!

I am a “celebrity” trainer in Berlin, Germany and tell my client the same. I am so tired of all the myths that women shouldn’t lift.

If you are a hard working girl in the gym, take a look at my blog – I am sure you’ll like it: http://www.queensofwar.wordpress.com

Micha

3. Alison
    12.09.13 at 1:00 pm (5 months ago)

Can you email me the video? It’s not coming up on my iphone

4. Court Star @ StarSystemz Fitness
    12.09.13 at 6:07 pm (4 months ago)

Love this interview! I am so jealous and envious at your opportunity to speak to one of the greatest in the industry. I am HUGE on weight lifting and always have to tell my clients that Vicki Secret Models lift weights that always helps urge them along. Lots of Love CourtStar
    Court Star @ StarSystemz Fitness recently posted..Motivational Monday: Fitness Affirmation for VitalityMy Profile

5. Ayesha
    12.09.13 at 10:41 pm (4 months ago)

I loved this interview! I think several years ago (like circa 2008) he did a series of podcast workouts with Glamour magazine and I absolutely loved them! His background in nutritional and exercise science has totally sold me too. These types of features on your blog are awesome!

6. Liz S.
    12.10.13 at 2:47 am (4 months ago)

DEFINITELY sound advice from an educated trainer. Not only does Harley explain how to stay healthy and fit in a safe manner, but he isn’t condescending about it. And funny when he said a guy and girl should go for a walk :D Awesome interview!

7. Sakurina
    12.10.13 at 10:16 am (4 months ago)

Great video, and he has some useful tips! It’s funny he is pointing out a problem I’ve been dealing with for so many years… eating because I think I’m hungry while I’m actually thirsty! The problem is.. I don’t really like any type of drinks except water or tea :(..

8. Kaci
    12.14.13 at 7:19 pm (4 months ago)

Could you send me the link the the video? It wont show up on my laptop or phone.

Thanks.