The Best Beauty Tip Evs: Drink Coffee Out of a Straw. Trust Me.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, diet blogger, and fashion blogger talks beauty tips and tricks.

My #1 beauty tip: use a straw when you’re guzzling coffee.

Ya.

Seriously, serious.

Drinking coffee out of a straw is worth preserving the whiteness of your teeth.

Oh? I know what you’re thinking: I’m so stupid to pay attention to such little detail? Trust me; you’ll thank me later.

There’s nothing, & I mean nothing, worse than coffee stained teeth ( ESP w/ coffee breath ). Personally? I’ll pass on straw-less coffee. Like, thanks but no thanks.

Use this tip every.single.day. I like to compare this one to SPF. Just do it & prepare to reap the benefits later in life ( SPF= no wrinkles, no skin cancer & coffee w/ a straw= white teeth ).

Make sure your coffee is iced though, because no one likes chemical-ie plastic bits floating in scolding hot java. Also, while we’re on the topic: if you’re a coffee drinker, ditch the bloating Splenda. Use cinnamon & nutmeg to sweeten it up. I like to add a splash of soy milk too.

Don’t forget to use this little tip in iced tea & fruit juices too.

I meannnnnn, you may or may not see me drinking Pinot Noir through a straw.

xx.

19 comments on The Best Beauty Tip Evs: Drink Coffee Out of a Straw. Trust Me.

1. Erica
    03.20.13 at 4:29 pm (1 year ago)

Hi! I have this argument with people all the time. I say drink coffee & tea (and any other dark/stain-potential) beverages through a straw. I have friends who say the straws give you wrinkles around the mouth. I win :)

2. Heather
    03.20.13 at 4:30 pm (1 year ago)

Hahaha love this…so true!
    Heather recently posted..GIVEAWAYMy Profile

3. Liz
    03.20.13 at 4:36 pm (1 year ago)

Then what with hot java???

4. Jeanette
    03.20.13 at 10:15 pm (1 year ago)

I prefer to drink my coffee out of a straw too. @Erica – I have friends/coworkers who are on the “but, straws give you wrinkles” team too – I guess either way we’re doomed. ;) @Liz – I actually drink my hot beverages using a straw (from Starbucks, Coffee Bean, etc.) and it’s never been a problem – maybe I’ve just been lucky! :)

5. Amber-Rose
    03.21.13 at 3:08 am (1 year ago)

You guys!
    Listen to this lady!
    I drink huge amounts of tea, coffee and red wine and even used to smoke. I cannot tell you how awful my teethe are as a result (not awful, awful – but stained.)

Save yourself the cost of cosmetic teeth whitening and switch!

03.21.13 at 8:42 am (1 year ago)

Yes! Yes! Yes! ; )

6. Shelley
    03.21.13 at 5:05 am (1 year ago)

Well, I say do what you want! I like hot coffee since I live in the artic (“spring” is currently 19 degrees)

so drink it without the straw and make sure to whiten your teeth! and you won’t get lip wrinkles from daily straw drinking

if its warm then drink it with a straw and apply some wrinkle cream
    :) :) have a great day!

7. Terri (Diet Drama)
    03.21.13 at 11:19 am (1 year ago)

I wish it was socially acceptable to drink red wine from a straw. I would love to avoid the dreaded “Malbec Mouth” too.
    Terri (Diet Drama) recently posted..Pre-Size ShoppingMy Profile

8. Tiffany
    03.21.13 at 1:27 pm (1 year ago)

Haha I love this! I drink everything out of a straw. It makes me feel like a kid and keeps my teeth nice and white!
    Tiffany recently posted..tribal leggingsMy Profile

9. Kelly
    03.21.13 at 5:45 pm (1 year ago)

I have reusable plastic straws that I reserve for smoothies and iced beverages, but for hot coffee I use glass straws! I can’t give up my hot coffee or tea in the morning, so the glass straws are a lifesaver! No stains + no chemicals leeching into your coffee goodness. I ordered mine off of Amazon, I think, but make sure to get order a product that comes with a straw cleaner!

03.22.13 at 4:05 am (1 year ago)

Love this! Buying some ASAP! xx.

• Lauren
      04.04.14 at 8:12 am (2 weeks ago)

Where is the world would I buy glass straws?? I drink two cups of coffee every day, one at 5am before I work out and another around 8:30-9am. I would LOVE to start using straws but I love a warm mug in my hands in the morning- I can’t do iced coffee every often :)

10. Vanessa
    04.24.13 at 2:35 pm (12 months ago)

Does splenda really bloat? Cuz i have been adding a tiny bit into my coffee each morning and i swear i am more bloated than ever….and i dont know what else would be causing this so i am curious!

• Delena
      06.13.13 at 7:53 pm (10 months ago)

Put the straw near the back of your throat then the sucking motion of the straw is gone for the most part so no worries about looking weird years later..and less chance of coffee (or other drinks) swirling through your teeth. My coffee is not scorching hot so the warm coffee going through the plastic straw doesn’t concern me.

11. hotwire
    11.06.13 at 6:19 am (5 months ago)

Great post.
    hotwire recently posted..hotwireMy Profile

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Best Beauty Tip Evs: Drink Coffee Out of a Straw. Trust Me.

1. [...] beyond hates it, but the one saving grace is 3Floz viles of lotions, perfumes, and hair products. The Best Beauty Tip Evs – The Skinny Confidential Beauty tips for coffee drinkers. The Best Beauty Tip Evs: Drink Coffee Out of a Straw. My #1 beauty [...]

2. [...] P.S. the acidity in the vinegar is harsh on teeth. So make sure to drink it from a straw ( like this ) or dilute it in a water or [...]

3. [...] AM I’ll have about four ounces a day over ice with cinnamon & nutmeg ( << and a STRAW, naturally [...]