Pre-Portioned Greek Froyo Bites

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Ever heard of Greek froyo?

If you haven’t, then run to the nearest market & buy some ASAP. It tastes exactly like ice cream but it’s fat free, contains nine grams of protein, & the sugar/cal content is lower.

Hey, hey.

The other day I filled ice cube trays with the froyo for a quick treat. The perf dessert. Here’s why:

1.} Valentine’s Day is coming up ( << presents!!!! ); the cubes turn out pink + white…sexy & totally appropriate!

2.} They’re fun to add to cocktails for color ; ).

3.} Anddddd they’re absolutely amazing for portion control. You know when you’re in front of the TV watching RHO w/ev & mindlessly eating out of the ice cream tube? Ya. Don’t ever do that. Like, ever. You’ll end up eating way more than you anticipated. Ignorance is not bliss, peeps. Keep yourself accountable by having three or four of these pre-portioned bites for desserty-poo.

Happy Tuesday!

Love.L

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, weight loss blogger, and diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.

Pre-Portioned Greek Fro-Yo Bites

1 or 2 pint(s) of Greek fro yo

1 or 2 silicone ice cube trays

+ Directions: smooth Greek fro yo into ice cube trays. Place in the freezer for at least four hours. Remove. Let the ice cube trays sit for a few minutes to loosen up. These bites can last for a couple weeks! Enjoy : ).

{ Gold silverware found here }

11 comments on Pre-Portioned Greek Froyo Bites

02.05.13 at 6:37 pm (1 year ago)

Sort of! I think maybe harder ice cube trays would work better. But just for portion control purposes, scooping it out a bit from 3 or 4 works great!

1. Susan
    02.05.13 at 5:48 pm (1 year ago)

What a great post. I had a craving one day &stuck my yogurt in the freezer for like 10 minutes but couldn’t wait any longer for a more frozen texture. Good to know that it’ll take 4 hours – gotta plan ahead next time :).

02.05.13 at 6:37 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Susan :-)! xx

2. Amy
    02.05.13 at 9:54 pm (1 year ago)

(I’m on a bloggy break right now, but had to post) – LOVE this! Also, friendly tip: I found that getting froyo was a little pricey, so I started buying regular Greek yogurt en masse, storing it in my fridge, and popping one in the freezer right when I get home from the gym (after work). When I’m ready for a snack later at night – I have cheap-o, single-serving-size, yummy treat!

3. Lucy
    02.06.13 at 6:25 am (1 year ago)

After reading the previous comments, I think this will work, but just to make sure can I just freeze regular greek yogurt in the trays? I live in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota and can’t get greek froyo at my grocery store, but I can get regular greek yogurt.

Thanks for this idea it looks delish and portion control has really helped get me on track to getting in better shape and feeling a lot better! Love your blog!

4. Heather
    02.06.13 at 7:39 am (1 year ago)

What a great idea! Ice cream is my weakness lately so I’ve been keeping it out of the house. “one more bite” always turns into “my stomach hurtsssss” hehe ;-)
    Heather recently posted..Ice Cream for DinnerMy Profile

5. Brittany
    02.20.13 at 10:58 am (1 year ago)

Try Artic Zero! You can eat the ENTIRE, yes ENTIRE, pint of ice cream and it’s only 150 calories. It also gives you 14 g of protein and 0 g fat!