Pre-Cleanse Tips. Yes. You Actually Have to Prep for a Cleanse.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, diet blogger, and healthy living blogger talks skinny tips and juice cleanse tips.

[ Just received my cleanse packet in the mail...getting excited : )! ]

Since we’re all ( right? ; ) ) completing the ‘New Year, New You Cleanse Challenge‘ next Tuesday, here are some preparation tips:

+ Coffee: I’m not going to be that bitch that tells you to go cold turkey on coffee five days pre-cleanse. But…would it kill you to cut back a bit? Three days before, slowly try to ween off coffee. A cup a day is fine. Ten cups, not so much.

+ Alcohol: I have a friend who drank a bottle of wine the day before she started cleansing ( LMFAO ). Needless to say, her detox didn’t exactly start off well. Chill out on the wine/liquor/beer three days prior to detoxing.

+ Sweat: start working out every day for a least a week before the cleanse. Why? Because why not?

+ Relax: don’t start the cleanse all frazzled & stressed out. Try to relax ( maybe take a sauna, do some yoga, or meditate ) a few days before.

+ Eat clean: this is so important. Let’s say that you’re dreading the fact that can’t eat any sugary, crappy foods during your juice cleanse, so you decide to stuff your face full of shit the day the day before. This is about as helpful as an asshole on your elbow. Instead eat fresh organic veggies, tofu, fruits, & proteins.

+ Cigs: buh-bye. They’re gross + they’ll do absolutely nothing if your ultimate goal is to rid toxins from your bod. Cut them out three days before the detox starts.

+ Buy herbal tea: have it on hand. I’m obsessed with Starbucks’ Trenta iced green tea ( w/ no sweetener ) + two splashes of passion. I drink this alllll day long while cleansing. Have some hot tea on hand too. A cup a day, five days before the you begin cleansing is helpful too.

+ Do your research: if you’re sick, pregnant, breast feeding, etc. check with a doctor before you begin.

The detox challenge begins in five days.

Let the good times rollllll.

Love.L

21 comments on Pre-Cleanse Tips. Yes. You Actually Have to Prep for a Cleanse.

1. love kamikaze
    01.03.13 at 4:12 pm (1 year ago)

is it alright to hit the gym while on a cleanse?

2. Vanessad100
    01.03.13 at 6:07 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Lauryn,

When juicing (cleanses and in general) do we have to worry about the high sugar in fruit?

3. Irina
    01.03.13 at 6:50 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you so much for the post! My 3 day juice cleanse arrived today too. Is it safe to keep it refrigerated until Tuesday or should I start sooner? Many thanks!

01.03.13 at 11:18 pm (1 year ago)

Yes; you’re all good babe!

4. Lily
    01.03.13 at 7:03 pm (1 year ago)

Do the juices taste ok?

5. Lyn
    01.03.13 at 11:20 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks for the constant reminder that I need to do this! We don’t have this brand here in Sydney, Aus but I might see if there is something similar or make my own. I am about to have my 2nd colonic (sorry tmi!) so may do a 3 day cleanse around the same time.
    Lyn recently posted..How I Banished the Bloat! Before and After Pics!My Profile

6. LF
    01.04.13 at 3:14 am (1 year ago)

I’m so sad that we don’t have anything like that (juice delivery) in Sweden. Last time I tried to make the juice myself but it was so hard and took so much time (and it tasted so gross)!

7. Marysa
    01.04.13 at 11:16 am (1 year ago)

Can’t wait to start!!!

8. gigi
    01.04.13 at 12:22 pm (1 year ago)

I just left my local Capitola Whoel Foods. They have ALL the Suja Cleanse on TODAY ONLY…..Buy 1…Get 1 Free!!!! Bought all mine. Can’t wait to start!!!

9. Stacy
    01.04.13 at 1:05 pm (1 year ago)

Looking forward to It! For anyone in the SD area, Suja Juice is $2.00 off at Whole Foods in Hillcrest!

10. Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills
    01.04.13 at 9:03 pm (1 year ago)

These are some great tips! I just found your blog through Dulce Vie’s Friday Fav’s and it’s becoming one of my favorites too :)
    Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..PossibilitiesMy Profile

11. heidi kokborg
    01.05.13 at 4:16 am (1 year ago)

Hi Lauryn,

Thanks for the tips! They’re great not only before a cleanse but in general! I would love to do the cleanse, but we don’t have Sujajuice in Denmark, so can I make the juices/smoothies myself so I still do the cleanse? :)

01.05.13 at 12:16 pm (1 year ago)

Yes! You can make the juices yourself. E-mail me the info. xx

12. Shayna
    01.06.13 at 8:17 am (1 year ago)

So excited! Started mine a bit early so it wouldn’t coincide too heavily with work.
    On day 2 and everything is so tasty!
    Worst symptoms actually came from my pre-cleanse raw food and fresh veggie diet (definitely recommend keeping in lean proteins during this period. pretty sure low proteins and a veggie sugar crash [even if it was healthy veggies] was what caused my headaches).

Now that I’m drinking the juices, I’m already feeling better – just a little chilly.
    Thanks for all your recos for Suja Juice! Love your blog.

13. Katie
    02.06.13 at 12:00 pm (1 year ago)

I just had the lady at Booster Juice (probably could get Jugo Juice to do the same) juice everything up for me! Pretty much the same price, and I just blended in the ingredients they didn’t have, at home!

[Booster Juice & Jugo Juice might be only in Canada but we don't have a Whole Foods]

Day 1 of 3 is half-way over!

K

02.06.13 at 2:17 pm (1 year ago)

Congrats on completing day 1 babe!

14. Lani
    03.10.13 at 8:40 am (1 year ago)

I beg to differ that you NEED to pre-cleanse, although you “Should” do a pre-cleanse it’s not necessary if you don’t have other stuff really going on for the 2 or 3 days you decide to cleanse. My biggest problem was just psychologically having a huge appetite, but my physiological aspects were non existent. As in i was not Hungry, but wanted to eat food or anything I watched on TV. It’s the whole you can’t have it, that makes you want it more. I’m 5’3 and 101lbs, healthy and toned, and whenever I cleanse it’s not for weightless, but more for my skin and detoxing for youthful purposes. My skin is soo creamy and smooth after the 2 day cleanse and I just really don’t want to go through the hassle of a pre-cleanse. Though it’s much easier at a spa retreat to do a pre-cleanse when you’re paying a lot of many and other people are there doing it with you. It’s easier when mingling and keeping buys or doing spa treatments. i also recommend taking a hot bath of atleast 100 degrees and use some fresh sliced ginger and a lot of epsome salt for body detox. Stay in for atleast 20-30 minutes to sweat your pores then when you get out wrap yourself so you continue to sweat.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Pre-Cleanse Tips. Yes. You Actually Have to Prep for a Cleanse.

1. [...] at TSC posted a list of tips to help prepare for the cleanse, and I have already started loading up on [...]